You may have a good understanding of the importance of Weight Neutral Care and agree that there is a better way than focusing on weight to manage diabetes. But do you feel like you have the tools you need to successfully implement this approach with your clients? Are you looking for more information and practical applications to take your Weight Neutral Diabetes Care practice to the next level?
Weight neutral diabetes counseling focuses on guiding the client toward positive behaviors they can control. We can provide diabetes education through ‘gentle nutrition’-- without an emphasis on overly restrictive eating plans or eliminating favorite foods.
You Have Heard Your Clients Say:
- I know I need to lose weight to lower my blood sugar
- Food and eating feel like a chore; I don’t enjoy food anymore
- My neighbor (sister, uncle, dentist, etc.) told me I should be following the keto diet for my diabetes, I’m not sure what to do
- I’m so tired of counting carbohydrates and watching my weight
- I feel like a failure, I can’t lose weight
Explore Weight Neutral Care in 4, 90-minute sessions over the course of 2 months as we share real life case studies and challenges. Facilitated discussion will cover a range of subtopics from helping patients focus on behavior based changes to manage diabetes---to expanding the participants’ knowledge in Health at Every Size (HAES) Take your understanding of Weight Neutral Diabetes Care to the next level!
Specifics about This Session:
- Meets 4 times over 8 weeks
- Thursdays 10:00-11:30 am ET
- Oct 8, Oct 22, Nov 5th and Nov 19th
- Sessions are live and not recorded