Why This Course Bundle is Essential!
These two courses will enhance your weight neutral counseling, and it is perfect if you are looking for guidance to increase your client’s awareness of body cues such as hunger, fullness, and satiety without attaching these behaviors to weight loss for people with diabetes.
Join me as we learn how to use Motivational Interviewing in a weight neutral way to counsel people with diabetes.
This course bundle is both Part 1 and Part 2 of WN4DC Mini-counseling course.
These two course will allow you to practice the micro skills of MI, diving deep into the essential skill. In total it will provide 6 CPE from CDR.
I am super excited to share with you how to reduce food fears and counsel clients on how all foods fit. Together we will discover how to overcome fears of weight shifting and weight gain by promoting size acceptance and exploring size diversity. This course will answer the question how to explore enjoyable movement for health, well being, and blood sugar control instead of weight loss! This is a really accelerated program which uses Motivational Interviewing as the counseling theory, and it will show you how to incorporate a non-diet, patient-centered approach to diabetes care.
You will get so much from Part 1!
This mini counseling course is loaded with information. First you will get five videos that explain the five common counseling aspects of weight neutral care as it related to diabetes.
Each video comes with a handout to identify the deep-seated desire of your clients, allowing you to hone your counseling skill. What makes this even better is that these handouts will let you practice the Motivational Interviewing skill of Reflection and Open Ended Questions, or OEQ to uncover lasting motivation!
Transform The Way You Counseling Clients
Connecting with your clients is the best way to grow your business, increase the value of your department, and evoke change. This course will show you how to remove the invisible barriers that prevent forming collaborative relationships which honor the client's autonomy and self-direction.
What are the 'basics' anyway?
Weight Neutral care can be something of an enigma if you are unfamiliar with core understanding. This course has identified five counseling themes which are explored by using MI. What is even better you will get a chance to watch and practice two key skills - Open-ended Questions and Reflections, OEQ. The intention of this course is to accelerate your practice by using the foundations of weight-neutral diabetes care and motivational interviewing.
How this Mini-Course will Help You
Using these five areas will help you hone in on the desire for change. Connecting with your client’s desire, without falling into the trap of diet culture, transforms your counseling session. Tapping into your client's motivation, and not into the expectations and pressures of society surrounding food, eating, diabetes, and body image is what this mini-course is all about.
Here is what you will get from this course
- Five videos that explain the five counseling themes of weight neutral care as it related to diabetes.
- Five handouts to identify the deep-seated desire of your clients, allowing you to hone your counseling skills.
- A bonus Why Weight Neutral Approach to Diabetes Care is Essential, the ebook from the WN4DC Symposium which details the research supporting a weight-neutral approach.
- An invitation to join the WN4DC professional Facebook group.
The bundle now and you can learn about Open-ended Questions and Refelctions for Part 2!
There will be eight topics presented, each 20-minutes in length. There are eight handouts and one quiz totaling 180 minutes, or 3 hours of programming. Here is a description of each concept.
- 4 Typical Responses - In this webinar, we will review key aspects of Part 1, and demonstrate how using OEQ can help you come alongside with your clients when they aren’t able to lean into learning.
- 7 Things to Affirm - In this webinar, you will explore seven vital weight-neutral concepts that so you can always affirm your client and review reflection.
- In this five-part webinar series, you will learn how to affirm five non-diet skills
- Body Cues -- Affirming the Awareness of Eating and body cues such as hunger, fullness, and satiety without attaching these behaviors to weight loss for people with diabetes.
- Affirming Self-care vs. weight-loss desires for people with diabetes.
- Affirming the many ways to Embrace All Foods and exploring how to reduce food fears and the desire to explore how all foods fit.
- Affirming the many ways Size Acceptance and Size Diversity may present for the client.
- Affirming Enjoyable Movement for health, well being, and blood sugar control instead of weight-loss.
The last webinar will be about Summaries. Here you will learn that summaries are not goals or reflections but may have some shared qualities. You will also learn how to use summaries and reflections effectively to help you smoothly shift your counseling sessions out of MI to create practical weight-neutral health goals.
The WN4DC Symposium is a leader in diabetes care, with a mission to provide excellence in diabetes education for nurses, dietitians, certified diabetes educators and all health professionals who are involved in diabetes care from a weight-neutral perspective. Our goals is to make this education accessible and available by offering excellent quality training without having to travel. The WN4DC Symposium aims to advance the understanding of eating disorders and weight stigma while deepening counseling skills of professionals in diabetes care.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $75
When you enroll you will also receive this amazing ebook, that explains the research supporting weight neutral diabetes care.